I'm sure you heard the saying, "Life is not happening to me, it's happening for me," beautiful saying right? And it's 100% true.
Now let's keep it real. At times this affirmation can be challenging to practice, especially when unexpected events occur or things just aren't falling into place.
When daily contrast happens, It's easy to get off balance, loose track of focus, and forget who’s the damn captain of the ship.
Well, not today.
Reading these 10 quotes will have you saying "Okay sis, I see who's in charge."
Quotes can be used as a powerful tool. An opportunity to get out of our heads and began to see things from a new perspective.
Here are 10 quotes that will remind you how really powerful you are.
1.“This is a moment of suffering. Suffering is part of life. May I be kind to myself in this moment. May I give myself the compassion I need.” ― Kristin Neff
2. “We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.” ― Steve Maraboli
3. “...sometimes changes bring rivers of tears, feelings of helplessness and despair, but paradoxically, it is precisely in the transition that we build our power and our happiness. Not a power and a happiness 'external' and therefore fragile, but 'internal', deep and stable...” ― Micaela Becattini
4. There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving
5. Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace". Spirit says, "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place". -Marianne Williamson
6. You can't make people be or do what you want. All you can do is be unapologetic about what you want and let others show up however they can. -Gabrielle Bernstein
7. When you need encouragement, think of the qualities the people around you have: this one's energy, that one's modesty, another's generosity, and so on. Nothing is as encouraging as when virtues are visibly embodied in the people around us when we're practically showered with them. It's good to keep this in mind. - Marcus Aurelius
8. Right now you are one choice away from a new beginning - one that leads you toward becoming the fullest human being you can be. -Oprah Winfrey
9. Often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. -Helen Keller
10. “we all yearn to be competent, and we increase our competencies by trying new things, even though, yes, we sometimes get ahead of ourselves. Ideally, the challenges we take on, and the competencies we work to develop, will help move us closer to the life we deeply want.” - Susan David